As we closed out 2011 Becca Obergefell(@oberbecca) posted her thoughts on her #oneword2011 and encouraged the #wlsalt #sachat twitter community who participated to share. Now we’ve moved into 2012 Niki Rudolph (@Nikirudolph) is gathering all your #oneword2012 to put into a wordle on Friday. You can see all the amazing words that have already been selected by following the hashtag #oneword2012 or check out the NEW Google doc -linked below. While the words have come easily for some still others are working to find their word. Here are some thoughts to assist you as you discover your word.
- this is your word- valuable and special to you alone-your choice, your meaning
- relax and think about your dreams, plans, & hopes for the year
- what do you hope to do, be, see, complete, celebrate, accomplish, achieve
- how do you hope to jump specific hurdles throughout the year
- what talents do you hope to strengthen
- who will you welcome, include, invite, teach, mentor, sponsor
- what do you hope to embrace and where will you let go
- where do you want to grow, learn, enjoy, focus
- where can you take good to great in your heart, body, spirit, home, work, or play
- do you need a word that reflects action, calm, peace or serenity
- what art do you wish to maintain, create and include in your life this year
- what do you want to say YES to this year
- how do you want to navigate, build, discover and be in 2012
2012 will be best if you own it from the very start. Find a #oneword2012 you will be proud of and bring your best self to life every day. I hope you’ll choose to share your word with Niki* and use the #oneword2012 hashtag. Feel free to invite your friends, family and colleagues’ to participate as well.
*Update:1/3/12 Niki has added a Google Doc so you can insert your #oneword2012 along with a blog post if you wish. https://t.co/Ee4JgYlx
My best to you- T
Please comment & share your suggestions. How did you discover your word?